Baker Mallett are 101 years old in May. We know how to survive a storm. It is therefore of utmost importance to us in this time of uncertainty to stand by our values and reassure our clients that we are steady, strong and ready to support you, no matter what comes your way during this difficult time.
The health, wellbeing and safety of our clients, staff and wider communities in which we live and work are the focus of our immediate action. We have therefore reviewed and initiated elements of our business continuity plan, which will enable us to maintain our high level of service quality for clients, whilst mitigating the risk of spreading COVID-19 through our business activities.
Extra measures that we have already taken are detailed below:
For our Clients
- Your key contact will be in touch with you to discuss implementing measures to meet your specific and immediate requirements. We realise that these may change significantly from week to week and we are ready to respond. We acknowledge that everyone will be impacted by the current concerns and it is imperative that our clients are reassured that they have access to the individuals who are looking after their matters.
- Baker Mallett is a multi-office operation, which already utilises agile working. Each member of our staff has the tools and capabilities to work from any location in the UK and is connected to a secure, companywide IT network. Non-essential travel does not prevent us carrying out our desktop duties as normal and some staff are already working from home.
Process & Business Functions
We have, so far:
- Identified a continuity of leadership in the event of absence of key decision makers and executives.
- Identified critical business functions (prioritised activities) and essential employees. These essential employees are cross trained to minimise disruptions
- Identified alternate teams of employees who can be deployed at different work schedules, physically segregated to avoid the risk of infection between teams.
- Appointed an external communications coordinator who will disseminate external updates about our activities in line with our business needs and business continuity plans
For our Staff
A COVID-19 task team has been appointed which consists of our in house Health & Safety Manager and HR Manager. Reporting daily to our Chairman, the team is responsible for:
- monitoring all updates from the Public Health Executive, the World Health Organisation and the latest UK Government Guidelines and communicating information to our staff and management teams.
- ensuring that our staff are familiar with our business continuity plans and that they are fully complied with
- providing our teams with advice for their wellbeing.
- educating employees on infection control and good personal hygiene
- maintaining regular contact with our landlords and office operators to ensure that appropriate, extra measures are taken for the cleaning of our premises.
- implementing a sickness surveillance process to identify and manage unwell employees and returns to work.
- ensuring adequate supply of appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and medical equipment (e.g. thermometers and disinfectants) and undertaking training to familiarise employees on their usage.
We are, naturally, keeping our BCP under regular review and will adapt it as required. At all times we will be ensuring that we maintain our high level of service quality whilst acting safely.
We announced back in January that our theme for 2020 would be to “Come Together”, convinced that collaboration, teamwork and sincere alliances bring about the best outcomes. Never, did we imagine that this message would be as important as it is today.
Should you have any concerns, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, on behalf of all of us at Baker Mallett, I would like to wish you all well and assure you, again, of our continued and unwavering support
Chairman, Baker Mallett LLP