Victoria & Albert Museum
Form of Contract:
Quantity Surveying & CDM Services
Clothworkers Centre for the Victoria & Albert Museum
The new Clothworkers’ Centre designed for the Victoria & Albert Museum is located at Blythe House, a grade II listed building originally designed by Sir Henry Tanner in 1890.
Dedicated to the storage, conservation and study of the Textile and Fashion Collection, the new Centre with a custom-built compressed storage system ensures the long-term preservation of the collection of over 104,000 items.
The public study and seminar spaces make the most of the buildings generous proportions, with new interventions designed to complement and reinforce the character of the existing building.
A new accessible entrance is provided which re-instates the formal entrance from Blythe Road to create a welcoming street presence and a new reception lined by floor to ceiling glass cabinets.
- Civic Trust Commendation
- RIBA London Regional Award
- AJ Retrofit Heritage Award