Baker Mallett were appointed on the Planned Asset Replacement Programme for the Co-op Food Stores. The programme involved procuring the most economic price for the replacement of key business critical assets.
The project involved procuring and cost validating with the Co-op supply chain the most economic and programme effective solution for the replacement of assets in a live environment. The key asset group included refrigeration plant and equipment, encapsulation and removal of asbestos, building fabric replacement and repair works, HVAC works, roofing works, goods and personnel lift replacement works and external works to car parks.
Baker Mallett were responsible for developing specific rate cards with suppliers to enable works to be procured and tendered quickly, which enable the business to procure the works and maintain business continuity at all times.
A total of £751,000 worth of savings generated over 70nr projects:
- Refrigeration: 14nr Projects – Value £2.33m (Savings generated £53,000)
- HVAC: 7nr Projects – Value £520,000 (Savings generated £30,000)
- Roofing: 4nr Projects – Value £939,000 (Savings generated £93,000)
- Flooring: 4nr Projects – Value £276,000 (Savings generated £40,000)
- Lifts: 19nr Projects – Value £1.13m (Savings generated £165,000)
- Asbestos 6nr Projects – Value £88,000 (Savings generated £2,000)
- Fabric: 17nr Projects – Value £584,000 (Savings generated £18,000)
- Car Parks: 7nr Projects – Value £1.27m (Savings generated £332,000)
- BOH: 5nr Projects – Value £328,000 (Savings generated £10,000)