Baker Mallett were appointed for full pre and post contract quantity surveying services, including cost estimates to assess the feasibility of different construction options, tender documentation with fully measured bills of quantities, certification of interim valuations, cost reporting, assessment of extension of time entitlement and agreement of the final account.
The works comprised the redevelopment of the Low Wood Bay Hotel, just south of Ambleside, in the heart of the English Lake District. There were numerous facets to the project, and these included:-
- Construction of a new 26 bedroom block, operating as a self-contained ‘Club’ facility
- New atrium and entrance area, built across the former hotel access road, and linking the main hotel with the leisure club
- New restaurant and conservatory, including upgrade works within the existing hotel
- New bridge link to existing rear bedroom block
- New internal Spa and pool area to the front of the existing leisure facilities
- New external Spa and pool area
- New access road (undertaken as a separate Enabling Contract)
- New Workshop and stores building
Also included was an associated road, car parking, drainage and landscaping, as well as Mechanical and Electrical Services.